Ok… ok… umm so I’ve been nominated 3 times for this award. At first, as a new blogger I wasn’t sure what it was all about I will admit that. So apologies for missing out on the first two nominations (thank you @babylistsUK; @dadvworld ) but thank you to Theblatheringsofanorthernmam for my third nomination.
The award, I’ve found out, is to celebrate new bloggers. To find out a bit more about them and to have a bit of fun. Since starting my blog, I’ve chatted to some great people and it’s opened up a whole new community. Along the way I’ve discovered some great blogs, old and new. I’ve read some blogs that have made me giggle, some uncontrollably whilst spilling coffee over my laptop and some that have me nodding enthusiastically at experiencing the same things and some that have made me question things further.
Now for the serious stuff…the rules…
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog.
- Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post.
- Answer the ten questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 10 new bloggers with less than 200 followers that you want to share with the world.
- Then create ten new questions for the bloggers you are nominating
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are the questions I was asked by Theblatheringsofanorthernmam and my carefully thought out answers:
1 – What has been your happiest moment and why?
A very obvious answer but when I could hold my daughter after she was born safe and healthy. I had a quick labour of 5 hours after an induction. The last hour was a bit frantic with a sense of urgency to get her out due to a slow heartbeat. When she was born I couldn’t see or hold her for about an hour due to breathing difficulties but then when it all settled down I was able to see and hold her. Definitely my happiest and most relieved moment.
2 – If you rubbed a lamp and a genie popped out, what would your three wishes be?
- For my family to be healthy and happy
- For my family to be financially secure
- For my family to enjoy life
3 – Which book has had the most influence on you?
This is hard one given that I read loads, I’ve given this much thought and I’m really unsure what book has had the most influence over me.
So I’ve gone with my favourite book of all time and that I’ve read over and over and where my love of this particular author began. The novel is Pride & Prejudice. I love reading reviews on other peoples take on it, it always sparks a good debate! It’s a marmite book!
4 – What has been your scariest moment?
Getting stuck in a lift – I suffered many panic attacks after that incident.
5 – If you were a food, what would you be?
Hmm I want to say something healthy but chocolate keeps springing to mind! It’s wildly delicious and yummy and you just want to keep coming back for more!!
6 – If you could say anything to your boss, what would you say?
Give me a permanent job! Pleeeeaaasssee!
7 – What’s your biggest dream in life?
Simple… to be happy
8 – If you could slap one person and totally get away with it, who would it be?
My ex-boss. Hence why he’s now a ex-boss!
9 – What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
I couldn’t possibly say!!
10 – Would you rather fight a 50 ft bear, or 50 1 ft bears?
50 1ft bears and hopefully cuddle it out!
So my nominations are:
The curious life of a mummy with 2
North East Crafty Blogger
The Weary Wall Flower
Dad Up North
Loving living the simple life
Captain Poo Pants
My 10 questions for you all, I look forward to reading your answers.
1. What’s your favourite (non-blog) website?
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
3. Is there any world city you found disappointing or underwhelming when you visited it?
4. What epitaph would you have written on your gravestone?
5. What do you do to overcome writers’ block?
6. What is your ‘guilty pleasure’ TV show or film?
7. If you could time travel to any decade in the 20th century, what would it be?
8. If any Hollywood star, dead or alive, could play you in a movie of your life, who would it be & why?
9. If you were to invite 2 celebrities to your home for dinner, who would they be? What would you serve them for dinner?
10.What is your favourite thing to do first thing in the morning?
Thank you to everyone who has supported me on my blogging journey so far! I’m excited to see what these next few months will bring. Let me know your blog goals in the comments below.